Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Faves: 1/6


You 

I just have to say, I was blown away by the response to Monday's post about vulnerability. To hear that so many of you feel the same way was comforting and helped me remember that we are all in this together. A big thanks to everyone who reached out after that post. Risk-taking for the win!

So I have decided to take another risk and FINALLY start my Caffeinated Counselor Facebook page. My teacher friends have been telling me to do this forever and TBH the fear of no one liking it has stopped me from creating it. Oh well, here we go. Click the link below if you want to like my page and follow along with my school counseling adventures.

  Caffeinated Counselor Facebook Page  

Apple Watch

Oh man, I am in love with this thing. I loved it when I got it right after Christmas, but now that I have had a week to use it at school, I don't think I could live without it. I can quickly check emails, texts, and it's really fun to make sure I meet my activity goal every day. That has been much easier since coming back to work. You don't get many activity points for lounging on the couch in PJ's.



Also, I love leaving my phone in my office and still being connected. The number of times I have left my phone in someone's classroom or the work room is ridiculous. Also, when I can't find my phone right away, I can ping it from the watch and don't have to log into Find my iPhone anymore.

The reception on this thing is amazing as well. I love to be busy when I am on the phone and have had entire conversations while doing chores, laundry, or some other mindless task. I am totally hands-free and can easily talk to the other person. 

 I am obsessed. If you have been on the fence about getting an Apple Watch, I highly recommend it!  

College Week Bulletin Board

I had so much fun setting up the cafeteria this year. I used all of our college flags and decided to try something a little different. Each teacher filled out a college information sheet and many of them included pictures from when they were in college. I hung their information pages and pictures under the flag of the school they attended. 



My sweet friend, Paige O'Kelley, had another excellent idea. She thought it would be really neat to see pictures of former Beverly students who have gone to college. I am working on collecting pictures of these kiddos when they were in elementary school and some now that they are in college. I can't wait to keep this tradition going and add new pictures each year. One day, I hope to be able to line the hallways with pictures of former Bobcats who have made their dreams come true. 

Shine Texts

This has been a fun little way to get some quick inspo throughout the day. Around 8:30 am, I receive a text message from Shine. It takes about 15 seconds from my day but leaves me with something to think about and reminders to be grateful for all that I have. It is so easy to get bogged down with the hustle and bustle of life, so I have enjoyed my quick little morning brain breaks. 

Also, it's just one more reason to look at my Apple Watch! 

2 comments:

  1. Apple Watch = LOVE. Caroline just got one for Christmas and she is equally in love! I love it for directions too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love how it vibrates to remind you to make a turn. So fun!

    ReplyDelete