Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Plum Paper Planners

My name is Tracy, and I am a paperholic. I am obsessed with planners and everything that goes in them. I definitely use my digital resources too, but I just really love to get a new planner and make it mine. I have tried various planners in the past and finally landed on one that was perfect for me. Well, actually, 2 that are perfect for me. I use the Plum Paper Large Teacher planner to keep myself organized at school and the Erin Condren Life Planner to organize my social life.

First, let's get into my teacher/counselor planner. This planner is by Plum Paper and I happened upon them while cruising through Etsy one day. This planner is simple, clean, and easy to use. Of course, I spent over an hour trying to decide which cover I wanted (even though my planner will be open most of the time and I will probably look at the cover 5 times total). I finally decided on this one:


I am a little picky about the inside of my planner. My first criteria is the the planner MUST have a vertical layout. I have never used a horizontal layout and I just know I would be lost if I ever tried to switch.

Each day is broken down into 7 subjects. I use mine hourly because as a counselor I don't teach subjects and my schedule changes each week. Here is a view of a page before I have totally marked it up.. Note the nice, clean lines and handy checklist boxes and places for important reminders. You can have them personalize the subject lines or just fill them in however you want like I did.



There are also tons of options in the back to keep you organized. You'll notice that I put Washi Tape across the subject lines. I just wanted to spice it up a little, so each month has it's own Washi Color. I love to use stickers to remind me of important events and meetings. I picked these up at Michael's last week. They are technically for the Happy Planner, but they work great in my Plum Paper Planner. Shout out to my 4th grade friend Abby for helping me spend MORE money on planner supplies ;). Also, did you know that Michael's gives a teacher discount?!?! #buymorestuff #itslikeitsfree


I keep all my stickers in the handy back pocket of my planner. Here is a picture of the pocket and some other stickers I just love! 


This year, I am trying something new. I got some Avery 8167 labels and made teacher labels to put in my planner. These serve as my reminder of the day and time I visit each classroom. It gives a cleaner look to my planner and saves me from writing all of the information down.  



I mentioned that I found 2 planners that were perfect for me. I also have an Erin Condren Life Planner. I know people say you should only have one planner, but my Plum Paper is more like my teacher lesson plan book than a personal planner. It would be weird to have my friends birthdays and social events in my school calendar. More on EC later. I didn't realize this post would be so long. I guess I should have known that a person who can spend 3 hours straight looking at planners online could write more than just a  few sentences.

Comment or message me if you have any questions about Plum Paper.  



No comments:

Post a Comment