Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

The Friday Five: Nicknames


Oh, how I love a good nickname. What I love even more is hearing the story behind a nickname. Comment here or on Facebook and tell me how you got one of your nicknames! I can't wait to hear! Here are a few of mine and how they came to be...

Tracy Mouse

This was my very first nickname and it isn't hard to see why...
#earsfordays

From then on my parents bought me little mouse figurines, ornaments, and other mousey paraphernalia for holidays. Eventually, my hair grew long enough to cover my ears and I kind of grew into them, but the name stuck.
Then my college roommates found out about my nickname and started calling me T-Mouse, Mousersize, Mouse in the House, etc. After a while, there were a number of people at Tech who pretty much only called me T-Mouse. I am pretty sure my parents didn't see that coming when they stuck me with that name.

Bokie

You might be thinking, "What is a bokie?" Good question. Basically, my parents and I use this term as a loving way to call someone a hot mess. Anyone can be a bokie, but as for now, Ellie is most frequently called this.


Baby Bulino

When I first started working at Beverly, my mom worked there too and had been there since the school opened in 1998. For so long there had only been one Bulino and when I came along people would have to ask "Which Bulino are you talking  about?" Then, someone very brave said "Young Bulino" and "Old Bulino". Well, you know she wasn't having any of that, so another teacher decided Mama Bulino and  Baby Bulino were more fitting. The name stuck and even though she doesn't work here anymore, we still get called by our nicknames. Our music teacher Mr. Porter even made up a song to the tune of Baby Beluga...Baaabyyyy Bulino.


Sparkle Swag

 There was a period of time where I had a VERY glittery phone case...

I'm also a big fan of Sparkly Soul headbands...

 and quite frequently had glitter all over my face from my eyeshadow. Yes, basically it was yesterday. Anyway, one of my kickball friends Mike Jordhoy "Jorts" started calling me Sparkle Swag because of the glitter combined with my rapping skills. It stuck and it's one of my favorite nicknames ever.


Tray Tray

This is my kickball nickname and I can't totally remember how it started other than I think it was my friend Dave who came up with it. Probably Definitely because I was acting cray cray dancing and singing around the field. Now, my team (mostly Caroline & Jordan) all get a big kick out of screaming it at the top of their lungs while I am kicking.

Be sure to check out my friends...

Nora Davis

Kimmie Stephens






No comments:

Post a Comment