Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: 4/5



What I'm Working On

 I have mentioned this program before, but now that our state testing is taking a break for a month, I am finally getting to implement the Superflex curriculum. This program teaches social skills using a superhero to defeat thinking that is not flexible. I am in the process of making an activity book for my group. Here is a little preview of some of the characters they will meet and the activities to go along with them.







Heard Around the Halls

One of my former students was hanging around after school and texted her friends to say she was with me. She started laughing hysterically and said, "Ms. Bulino, did you know that autocorrect turns your name into Ms. Bikini?" Then she said that's what they should all call me from now on. Yea, not such a good idea! 

A Counselor's Life

I got this note from a 1st grader the other day. I'll be scheduling a lunch date with her soon, because how could I say no to this?
In case you don't speak first grade, I will translate:

Dear Ms. Bulino,
Can we have lunch? Because I need help, I been struggling because my work. I don't usually be like this. It's ok if you don't want lunch with me, but please help. 

Technology Tip

I love a good meme. Here are a couple of my favorite teacher memes...



I also love creating my own memes using pictures of my friends and family. I have used the mematic app in the past...

 but I have recently discovered a new favorite, Fumatic.

You can make your own memes, but you can also add speech bubbles. I can see this being a fun activity in the classroom or a great game of "Caption This".



Something I Am Listening To

Ok, this is not appropriate for kids or the workplace, but I am obsessed. My friend Nora (Kindergarten Superkids) and I are both big fans of true crime stories. We love the ID channel and also fictional shows like Law and Order: SVU. She told me about this new podcast she is listening to called Sword & Scales. They investigate crimes and discuss the psychology of criminals. It is not for the faint of heart, but if you are into that kind of thing, check it out. 

UPlifting Inspiration


Halfway through the week...Let's do this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment