Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Five: Things You Might Not Know About Me

I'm a Lefty...Mostly

I write and eat with my left hand, but play all sports right handed, use right handed scissors, to cut things pretty terribly, and attempted to learn the guitar right handed. I like my lefty style, but it does make writing on the white board a bit more difficult. I am also VERY picky about my pens and paper products because I can't have that smeared ink all over my stuff.

I saw this picture and it is SO TRUE...


I Love Crossword Puzzles

I am obsessed with crossword puzzles and all other kinds of word games and have been for a long time. In college, we used to compete over the campus newspaper crossword. I would get to class early to have some time to work on it. My roommate, Lexie and I would chat daily about the crossword and I'm pretty sure Rachelle thought we were insane. I am not a math girl, not even a little. But give me something to do with words and I am all in. 

I Have a Candy Crush Addiction

You are one of two kinds of people on this issue. Either you think Candy Crush is a ridiculous waste of time (you're not wrong) or you understand the obsession and you are thinking, "So what? Me too."
I am currently on level 2,396 and weekly I see the construction sign at the end of the candy path letting me know that there are no more levels available at the moment. Yea, that's lame, but it also saves me from having to wait for lives from friends or paying to skip ahead.
As I am writing this, I realize it sounds pretty bad. I really use it as a brain break. If I am cleaning the house or doing laundry, I take a few minutes to chill and crush some candies. I learned a long time ago that I cannot have the game on my phone. I only play on my iPad so you won't see me wasting time at work or sneaking in a game when I am hanging out with friends. I think I have a pretty healthy handle on that addiction.

I Don't Like Baked Fruit

Yea, I know it's really weird. This means I don't like pie, except the crust.
I think it probably goes back to those creepy Kids Cuisine frozen dinners with the cinnamon apples that burn your mouth because they are never cooked properly?
Side note- I could not find any pictures of meals that included those dreadful apples. I'm thinking they took them away because some poor child got 3rd degree burns on their tongue from them.
I'm not sure. I just know that I LOVE all fruits, I just don't want them hot and sugary. Yuck.

Only Children Everywhere

So, a lot of you probably know that I am an only child. The interesting thing is that my dad is also an only and my mom is a "sort of only". My mom has two half brothers that are about or more than 6 years younger than her. They say that if they live 6-7 years without a sibling, you can be classified as an only because you don't go through the traditional sibling experiences. There are pros and cons to being an only, but in the end, it always worked out for our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment