Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday Five: Lucky Charms

Happy St. Patty's Day!


We are back with the Friday Five and today we are talking about our good luck charms and superstitions. Share your quirkiest one with me. I can't wait to hear them all.


Pennies in the Car

My Nana was the spunkiest little Italian lady you have ever met. 
She also had some wacky superstitions, but this is now one of my favorites. Any time Nana got a new car, she would take a handful of pennies and throw them inside for good luck. She helped my parents buy my high school graduation present, Snow White, a white Ford Explorer Sport. When they gave it to me, she was so excited to throw those pennies in for good luck. I'm not going to lie, my 18 year old self cringed as pennies clattered against the windows and dashboard.
When I sold that car ten years later, I was still finding random pennies stuck under the back seats or down in a little crevice in the hatch. It was a sweet little reminder of my Nana.

Kiss the Clock

I am pretty sure a lot of you do this. When the clock is at 1:11, 2:22, etc. I kiss my watch or blow a kiss to the car clock. I also like to kiss the clock at 6:28, because my birthday is June 28th.

Never Swing on the First Pitch

I am not totally sure where this one came from, other than I was CONSTANTLY "swinging at birds" or "going golfin'" when I was little and playing softball. 
When your dad is the coach, you get to take the pep talk home with you. 
I heard it all the time, "Wait for your pitch." I think I started just not swinging so it would look like I was watching, but now it has become a thing. Even at kickball, I will not swing at the first pitch. I tried once before to see if my superstition was still true and immediately got out. I proved my theory right and I'm sticking with it.

Don't Split the Pole

I picked this one up from one of my college roommates and besties for the restie, Lexie.
In college, you could always find TRL (Tracy, Rachelle, & Lexie) together.  
 When the 3 of us would walk somewhere, we would inevitably come across a light post, mailbox, or some other obstacle. Rachelle or I would step around to the other side of the light post so that we could all keep walking side by side and Lexie would yell, "Don't split the pole." She would do anything to avoid having one person walk on the other side of the object. I made fun of her for this at first, but now I find myself making sure I am not splitting the pole.

Kiss the Roof

When accidentally going through a yellowish/red light, I kiss my hand and touch the roof of my car. I have no idea where this started, but I still do it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment