Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Teacher Tuesday: Megan Richter Edition

Caffeinated Counselor Introduction
Megan joined the 2nd grade team 3 years ago and she fit right in. Trust me, that is no easy feat.  We are talking about a team with at least 50 years of combined experience and they have been together for years. Her team speaks so highly of her and that is such an amazing compliment coming from such established educators. Megan also comes from a family of educators, so it's pretty much in her blood. When she was hired, the first thing we heard was that she actually went to Beverly as a student. I think that is so cool! She had several of our teachers who still work here or sub here as her teachers.

Megan is kind, dedicated, and always willing to take risks. She tries new ideas and is so positive when doing so. I love going to her class for guidance lessons. When I walk in, I always find her reading a book to her students. They are absolutely silent, wrapped up in the story, and sprawled out on the floor comfortably imagining the characters. I guarantee this is something they will remember forever.

I won't delay the fun any longer. Introducing the fabulous Megan Richter.

Teacher Interview

How long have you been teaching? 

3 years

What is your classroom decor? 

Wild Animals
 Her students love her cute little reading area! 

I love this bulletin board that highlights awesome student work! 

What is your favorite story about a student? 

I had a very sweet student write me a heartfelt letter that told me how much she appreciated me. Those are the best rewards! :)

What is your favorite lesson to teach?

I love teaching about Space!

What inspires you? What is your strong?

My teammates inspire me every day with all of their hard work and dedication. My strong is that I am a PISD graduate and I attended Beverly Elementary!
In her display case on the left you can see her cute little 2nd grade picture with an award she earned when she was a student at Beverly. Love! 

What is your favorite Techy Tool?

I love using the iPAD and the QR scanner.

What is your favorite Caffeinated Beverage?

Coke

What is your favorite school celebration?

The 100th Day of School

I couldn't find a 100th day pic, but how cute is this team all dressed up for Dr. Seuss Day and Character Day on Red Ribbon Week.



What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

Cook
So Megan, when's dinner? :)

Tell us your best classroom management trick.

Beat the teacher is a fun game to play to get kids listening.

Favorite teacher you've ever had?


Mrs. Moore (2nd Grade)


Check out this awesome pic of them now. Mrs. Moore became Coach Moore and subs at Beverly often. They get to see each other quite often and I think that is just the coolest thing ever.


Student Interview

I asked these two cuties, Jack (left) and Tanner (right) to tell me all about their teacher Ms. Richter. They were hilarious and totally cracked me up the entire time. Also, as silly as they were, you can tell they REALLY love their teacher.  
 

1. What does your teacher do for fun?

T- Goes Shopping- probably at Target or the mall
J- Sits at home and plans stuff for us on the computer so she doesn't forget her good idea.

2. What would your teacher do with $1,000,000?

T- Buy a giant ship and also another condo.
J- Buy a dozen pieces of clothes at the mall.

3. If your teacher wasn't a teacher, what would she be?

T- She would work at a train station!
J- She would be a pet worker at PetsMart. She loves kittie
s.

4. If your teacher was a fruit, which one would she be?

T- An apple, because she eats them all the time.
J-A lemon! Yellow is her favorite color, plus lemonade is yellow and she likes that!
With all that yellow, I know Minion Day must have been her favorite :)

5. What scares your teacher?

T- Spiders! She has been afraid of them since she was a kid at Beverly.
J- Kids who put scissors in their mouth and open and close the handles! That really happened and it really scared her! That scares me too! Oh my!

6. What is something that your teacher doesn't like?

T-Sour things
J- Kids getting in trouble

7. If your teacher could teleport, where would she go?

T-Jupiter
J- The Pet Shop
She does love teaching about space and she definitely loves animals! These kiddos know their teacher well!

8. What makes your teacher so special?

T-She went to Beverly and she gives a lot of Bobcat Bucks
J- She's our teacher and she's nice

This was their silly pose!

Thanks for reading about the amazing Ms. Richter! I hope you enjoyed it! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment