Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Red Ribbon Week Wrap Up

I took a little break from blogging because last week was SO MUCH FUN. I spent most of my time each day taking pictures and celebrating Red Ribbon Week with the staff and students. At some point, it occurred to me that RRW is a little like a sorority or fraternity theme party. You know a fun dress up event that you need to have a costume for, but on a serious budget. Here are a couple of throwbacks to those good old college days that are good for a laugh...


Now, on to the fun events of Red Ribbon Week! Enjoy! 


This one was pretty easy! Although, for a Red Raider I found that I have an alarmingly small number of red clothes that aren't just t-shirts. I'm going to need to work on that!  




This day was so fun and our school really got into it. Capes, masks, and onesies...what more could you ask for?





This was by far my favorite day! Our students LOVED dressing like minions and there were some very creative ideas. I bought a minion onesie from Target and it was so cozy- except that later in the day, cozy turned to sweltering heat :/. Where are you Fall? 

For this day, I had students and staff fill out a minion to tell why they want to be drug-free. They turned out SO CUTE!
The Friday before Red Ribbon Week, we had our school Walk-a-Thon, so a lot of teachers were just staying until it started. I asked for some helpers to hang minions all over the halls. So many of them came to help and made it look so cute! 


One of our 5th grade teachers, Joelle Garcia, made this giant minion to hang outside my office. Check out the pipe cleaner hair. I am beyond impressed with her artistic skills!





Mrs. Holloway REALLY got into this one! Doesn't she look awesome? I had some serious outfit envy on Thursday. Her husband Hal wasn't so sure about this look, but I think she is the clear winner! 

Each student got a bracelet as a prize and reminder to stay drug free! 


 Some high school football players came to speak to the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders about making good choices and staying drug free. This is one of my former students sharing his story of determination and success. 



This was by far my favorite day! There were so many creative costumes and most of them were homemade which made it even better. 
Thing 1 and Cat in the Hat


 Jack and the Beanstalk

 
The Pigeon, Pete the Cat, Madeline as Madeline


 Splat the Cat, Alice in Wonderland, Thing 1


Little Red Riding Hood, Cat in the Hat, Fern from Charlotte's Web, and Minnie Mouse


'

Fern and Charlotte found each other during our assembly! 


I was super excited about this idea. In the morning I was the Very Hungry Caterpillar. At lunch, I went to the cafeteria and ate with the some of the students. Then, before the school-wide assembly, I changed into a butterfly. The amazed faces and funny comments when saw my new outfit were priceless. 


That's it for Red Ribbon Week. I can't wait for our next theme week- College Week. Let me know if you have any great themes that your school uses. We would love to try them out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment