Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday


What I'm Working On

I guess I am technically done working on it, but you might have noticed a fun little change to my blog. I have been wanting a custom blog design but didn't want to pay a ton of money. I found this little website www.designerblogs.com  and just loved all of their designs. After much debate, I settled on "The Burke" design. I'm a big fan of gold, script, and polka dots so this was a win-win-win for me. I hope you like it too.

Heard Around the Halls

There is a sweet first grader who likes to make up songs for every lesson I teach. Last week he made up a great song about having a growth mindset. This week the lesson was all about standing in someone else's shoes and defining the word empathy. When the lesson was finished, he politely raised his hand and asked if he could sing a song about my lesson. And pretty much out of nowhere came up with this...

Empathy, do you know what I mean?
Stand in their shoes and don't scream.
Think about being them and
Be niiiiiiceeeee.

Whether it's somebody you don't know,
Or somebody you've never met
Still be kind and polite because it's respectFUL.

I mean. Freestyling at the age of 6. Let's cut this kid a record deal. I can't wait to hear what he comes up with for the rest of the year.

The best part is, his class was so encouraging. They congratulated him when he was done. They smiled at him while he was singing. Now you know why I love first grade so much. Sweet, innocent, respectful little souls.

A Counselor's Life

I have been looking for a way to help families connect at night. Between busy schedules, homework, and extra-curricular activities many families are lucky to get one or two nights per week together at the dinner table. I came up with these family chit chat cards to give families a chance to have important conversations, explore outside, get fit together, and celebrate some fun October holidays. Click the link below to check out the cards, print them off, and have some fun with your own family. I have already finished the November cards and am currently working on October. Let me know what you think of them.
Click here for October Chit Chat cards

Here is a little preview pic :)



Technology Tip

Google Keep
You know how I love a good to-do list. Even better if it can be color coded. I love this Google app to keep me organized when I am on the go. You can make checklists, insert pictures, and even leave yourself a voice memo. I also love that you can archive old lists.

It's an app, but it also works great on a desktop. I have the most random thoughts during the day about groceries, things I want to buy, and stuff I need to do around the house. This really helps me remember my little pop-up thoughts.


Something I Am Listening To

Wow, just wow. I've had a lot of 90's country on my playlist since this came out last week.


UPlifting Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment