Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

What's Up Wednesday



What I'm Working On

The Friday Five this week is focusing on books we just have to have in our classroom libraries. I have been thinking about this one for weeks. I think choosing just 5 books might be almost as hard as choosing just 5 songs!

Heard Around the Halls

In 5th grade this week, we did an activity called Exploring Friendship. Students looked at ordinary objects and related them to qualities of a great friend. Here are just a couple of my favorites...

Paper Clip

Friendships are flexible, they change shape sometimes. Friends are tough and stand with you even if you have made a mistake.

Rubberband

Best friends can stretch out to explore new things independently, but the always come back together in the end.

Post-It Note

Friends give you the short and sweet facts. They tell the truth even when it isn't fun to do so.

Snickers Bar

Friends are nutty and sweet. The sticky caramel represents the glue of trust and loyalty that holds the friendship together.

A Counselor's Life

Last week was National School Counselor Week and my school SPOILED me rotten! The theme was "Ms. Bulino Wears Many Hats". Each grade level wrote on these cute little hats and my bitmoji moved around the building and new notes were added each day.

All of the notes were special. 
They ranged from sweet and sincere...


You make me feel special because you are always nice to me. 

To reminding me why I do what I do...

You make me feel special because you let me tell you my problem.


To just plain funny...
Reindeer on that Beat...

Don't have a baditude! 


Technology Tip

If you are into making slide shows for your class or splicing together video clips and pictures, check out the app Videoshop. It is one of the best I have seen for ease of use and ability to create special effects. My techy friend Kimmie over at Elementary Nerd showed me this app and I love it!

Something I Am Listening To


I love you, Pat. But this is the only song I really connected with on your 8th album. Ya know, this song is enough to make up for all of the Nashville other songs. The message is clear, let's stop talking about we are against and make a stand about what we are FOR. The power of positive thinking! 

UPlifting Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment